Seminary Tour 2012

Seminary Tour 2012
I'm back up and running from Columbus, Ohio! Click for some "fun facts" ;)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A quick check-in

While I've been in Denver, I've noticed this zen-like calm environment; it's not hurried, it's not overwhelming.It's just very laid back.
Basically it's everything I hope to be, but tend not to be. True story.

So I decided that I'm just going to take the down time and adopt their chill way of life. 
I want to say though, that I have a lot to be thinking about while I rest.
Things about social justice;
About where my "self-interest" lies and what that means for my ministry;
About what I value and believe and what that looks like within the communities I'm a part of but also how those beliefs effect what I look for in the communities I associate with.
All prompted by great conversations with even greater people at Iliff these past two days.

Tomorrow I head to the John Wesley Ranch in Colorado Springs to enjoy some camping in the great outdoors.
(And if you know me, I just keep saying, "when in Rome..." :) )


Look for the Iliff post sometime in the next couple of weeks & take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment