Seminary Tour 2012

Seminary Tour 2012
I'm back up and running from Columbus, Ohio! Click for some "fun facts" ;)

Monday, March 4, 2013

Psalm 61

It's been almost a month since my last post.
I'm forever sorry!
Since the beginning of this year I have found myself to be feeling a little more overwhelmed than normal. I think it's because of this weird transition that I'm preparing for: the shift from student-who-is-figuring-it-all-out to adult-who-should-have-her-stuff-together-by-now.
The amount of worrying I have been doing is more than normal, more than healthy, and also more than useless- we all know what the good ol' Bible tells us about that one, right? (Read: Matthew 6: 25-27)

Last week was one of the best weeks I've had in such a long time.
The Bible study I have been attending this year, Sunagó, invited me to lead their study on James 4.
It was the first time in almost two and a half years that I have accepted a leadership position like that. 
When I was leading Tuesday night, I was terrified but exhilarated all at the same time and it left me on a Holy Spirit High like you would not believe.
Later that week I had my first "big girl" interview for a job in an area of work I've been interested in for a while.
Also terrifying and exciting, and I walked out with a make-shift internship!
I spent the weekend with friends, catching up on sleep and school work.
It was good.

Then the start to this week was like a smack in the noggin with a 2x4.
The worry and concern have all set back in and I'm finding myself... overwhelmed;
By the prospect of what the future holds and whether or not I'm doing all I need to get there.
I used to always wonder how those crystal balls would work if they were real.
You know, the ones that fortune tellers use?
Would there be an exact image of the various happenings in our life?
Or would it just show the outcome? Like the final scene in any given story.
Could we ask it a specific questions and know the answer within seconds?
That would be really nice right now.
But since I'm 22 years old and the hope that magic would help me to see into my future subsided when I realized Santa and the Easter Bunny weren't real, I have to do the grown-up thing and have faith.
In times of hardship I've always been more of a pray-er than a scripture reader but I have found Psalm 61 to be a comfort to me today.

I'll be posting more frequently now- I think that is one of my (better late than never) Lenten selections.
I hope you all are finding peace and reflection in your own choices for this season, too.


I leave you with peace, blessings, and this reminder:

No comments:

Post a Comment